Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Heart Shea Butter



I wanted to share a natural multipurpose beauty product that I think everyone should use, and I'm sure a lot of you already do. The product is my beloved Shea butter.


Shea butter comes from the nut of  the African Shea tree. It is extracted from the nut by crushing it then boiling it. Shea comes in 5 grades, including its most purest form grade A, which I use, through to Grade E. Grade A retains the most nutrients.




I use Shea butter for everything from moisturizing my face and body to putting it on my toddler's bumps and bruises. I have sensitive skin and my face is getting dryer (Thank you 30's). I've tried heavy wrinkle specific creams but they break me out. Shea butter is heavy, but my skin stays free from blemishes. Shea butter also leaves a lovely dewy sheen on your face. Because the sheen acts as a light reflector and seems to hide my imperfections, sometimes I wear it alone without make up. The best part of all. it is extremely cheap. I get a huge 1 lb tub of it for $5.99 at my local supermarket.

*Kia*

No comments:

Post a Comment