Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What We Wore: The Spring Time Dilemma

Suzanne and Alan, you can't fake cool
I love spring. I welcome spring. I embrace spring. Ahhh, but even so, springtime fashion can so often leave me cold.  Or more accurately, it poses a dilemma: How, just how, can I embrace the blossoming colors and spirit of spring without donning pastels? I mean, some people are very well suited for light pinks and mellow yellows.  But alas my coloring and temperament are not.  So what’s a girl to do? Well, lucky for me I can draw inspiration from my friends... 
Kia, easy, breezy, beautiful! 
Through no prompting of mine, Kia and my good friends Suzanne and Alan all showed up to hang out this past Friday fashionably attired in fresh, non-pastel, spring wear. Now, I’m going to get a little poetic and even cheesy with my language here and say in their cool gray, tan, brown, and blue earth tones my friends embody the breeziness of spring. The pop of orange offered by Kia’s cardigan, the cranberry detailing of Alan’s sweater, and the playful textured tights and red scarf of Suzanne’s remind me of those simple and beautiful quintessential spring flowers, tulips.  Nicely played, my friends, nicely played.

                                 *Marcie*

No comments:

Post a Comment